Problems faced by Auto Drivers ?
1. Rented Autos- drivers have to pay Rs.200 everyday to the owner of the auto rickshaw. This takes away a major portions of their daily earnings.
2. Borrowing money from lenders at high interest rates
3. Increasing fuel cost and dry run costs
4. Increased traffic delays takes away their earning opportunity , making it harder for to source customers.
5. No formal training given in customer relations management and rules regarding the operation of an auto service
6. No dignity of the labor involved in the profession
7. No health insurance or medical aid. Major health issues due to dust and prolonged driving
8. Illegal mafia in spare parts dealing
9. Traffic police harassment
10. Unregistered autos harass customers, bringing a negative perception to the community.